Everyone wants to feel at home wherever they live. But what if you're a renter? Can you still change your apartment to suit your personal style?
YES! While large modifications aren't recommended, there's plenty of damage free alterations you can do to add a personal touch.
Apartment kitchens often provide limited space. As a renter it can be difficult to figure out how to add your personal flare. Finding extra space in the kitchen starts with creativity:
- An over the sink cutting board will save counter space while providing extra room for meal prep.
- Mountable knife strips are trendy and functional. This magnetic knife strip comes with 3M Command strips for a damage free install.
- Removable tile backsplashes add style and function, plus you can easily detach and re-apply it in your next kitchen.
While investing in multipurpose furniture is a must for renters, there's plenty of room for style:
- Hang large art pieces to drastically alter the look of any room. 3M Command Strips offer a secure hold and damage free removal.
- Large area rugs over carpet add extra style to your apartment. Plus, the extra cushioning helps with heat retention and noise blocking.
- Plants can help deflect city noise when strategically placed. They can also be a fun way to add extra colour and texture to your rental.
Add style to your bedroom without worrying about your security deposit:
- A large plywood board can be a functional focal point and a place to hang art, jewelry, or photos.
- Buy a bedframe with drawers to eliminate your need for a dresser and help you achieve a minimalist look.
- Bring in that hotel vibe with overstuffed throw pillows in a contrasting colour.
Soften your apartment bathroom without renovating it:
- A curved shower rod adds space and enhances the look and feel of the room.
- Store your towels on a hanging wine rack.
- Opt for a large plush bathmat or two. These will feel wonderful stepping out on and soften the look of the room.
Our Sault Ste. Marie apartments are ready for your personal touch. Contact us today to book a tour.