Finding the perfect gift for everyone on your list can be hard.
Let Next Apartment, help you cross a few names off your gift-giving list with these wonderful handmade holiday gifts!
Gourmet Hot Chocolate Pops
Time: 30 minutes + freezing time
Give your friends and family a delicious treat this holiday season. Simply melt one cup of chocolate chips (any flavour or a mix) in the microwave, then pour into a silicone mold or ice cube tray. Insert a cake pop stick into each and top with crushed candy canes, marshmallows, or edible sprinkles. Freeze your cake pops for an hour before removing them from the mold and wrapping individually. Add a few wrapped pops to a festive mug as a gift. To use, heat a cup of milk and stir with the hot chocolate pop until melted.
Lavender Bubbling Bath Salts
Time: 20 minutes + drying time
Some soothing bubbling bath salts would be a perfect gift for anyone who enjoys a good soak in the tub! Bath salts are easy to make, just follow these quick steps:
What you'll need:
- 6 cups epsom salt
- ¾ cup lavender scented body wash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 drops lavender essential oil
- If you want your salts to be purple, add a few drops of purple food colouring
What you do:
- In a large bowl combine your salt and body wash until completely mixed in.
- Add your essential oil and food colouring, mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and spread the salt mixture out in a thin layer.
- Let air dry for 24 hours, then break up any clumps and add to a mason jar.
Pair your mason jar bath salts with a quarter cup measuring cup and a card that reads: For a soothing soak, add ¼ cup under running water!
Time: 30-40 minutes
Plants make a wonderful holiday gift! You can give herbs, succulents, or even bulbs. All you will need is a little dirt, a plant, a planter, and festive decorations.
Recycled can planters
- Remove the label from a recycled soup can and thoroughly clean it.
- Add a few rocks to the bottom of the can, then fill with dirt and plant the herb or succulent.
- Decorate the can with a wide burlap ribbon, or any festive ribbon you like.
Paper Bag Princesses
- Trim an inch off the top of a brown paper sandwich bag.
- To keep the bag dry, insert a recycled plastic lid, to act as a saucer, into the bag.
- Slip the planted pot in the bag and sit in the plastic lid.
- Roll the top edge of the bag down and tie with ribbon.
Mason jar planters
- Pour decorative rocks or stones in the bottom of the mason jar.
- Fill with dirt and add the plant.
- Decorate the jar with festive ribbons, stickers, or paint.