Working remotely is working for many businesses. If you’re working from home, we’ve got some suggestions to help transform your home office into a high-tech dream.
Work ready desk
Make an investment in a desk that is both comfortable and functional for your job. Some desks convert easily from a sitting position to standing to help combat back pain and stiffness throughout the workday. Other desks have extensive storage and cable organizers. Add a high quality office chair, especially if your job has you sitting for 8+ hours a day.
Faster, safer internet
Giving yourself an internet boast can help ensure your video calls won’t lag or freeze up. Speeds from 50 to 150 Mbps are best; however, check with your service provider for the highest megabyte download speed you can get. Tech Savvy offers an unlimited internet packages for residents of Sault Ste. Marie. Make sure to secure your home office with anti-virus protection from Norton.
Helpful home office gadgets
Once you have the basics, amp up your home office with some helpful gadgets. A good headphone and mic set will make video and conference calls easier. They’ll also keep video calls private if you don’t live alone. You’ll also want a quality webcam that will allow for high quality videos. For laptop users, a laptop cooling pad can help keep your laptop from overheating.
Extravagant tech to make life easier
Some high tech devices just make life easier. You don’t necessarily need them, but we suggest you give the following due consideration.
- A USB Port hub for additional USB plugs.
- A desk lamp wireless charger offers light and a charging space for wireless devices.
- Wireless Bluetooth headphones so you don’t feel tethered to your computer.
- Post-it Flex Write whiteboard surface easily sticks and removes cleanly providing a reusable writing surface.
- This ErgoFoam adjustable footrest will help keep your posture correct while reducing pain and fatigue.
- A monitor mount can free space on your desk and align your monitor for proper posture.
- A UPS Power Supply comes with a massive battery backup to help eliminate downtime due to power failures.
- Smart coffee makers are programable, so your coffee is always ready when you are.